Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Vanda

Vanda Report 11 Aug 2003 08:04

Could someone tell me what this "192" is that you all talk about? Sorry to be dim!

Crista

Crista Report 11 Aug 2003 08:41

Vanda, www.192(.)com has the current elctoral register. Crista

Martin

Martin Report 11 Aug 2003 10:46

Try and remember to check the site (192<.>com) around Christmas. Last year they gave free access for about a week or so. MB

Berksbeagle

Berksbeagle Report 11 Aug 2003 12:24

Strictly speaking, 192 is the code you dial (in the UK only) to access Directory Enquiries with British Telecom. www()192()com the website is not owned by BT but has a copy of the BT DQ database. It also has the Electoral Register for 2002 (not sure abot the year) for the UK. Additionally it also has details of people who are directors of companies. It's pay per view and costs about GBP20 for the basic subscription for a year.

Vanda

Vanda Report 12 Aug 2003 07:15

Thank you all for taking the time to answer. I'll be able to sleep at night now I know! Vanda