Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Sharing Your Family Tree

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Aug 2003 20:35

I have a contact who has allowed me to view their tree. There are only 3 names on it. Although when I have used the search function I can see that he is one of my contacts on several names. These names all look like GEDCOM files. No date or place of birth shown. Is this the reason why?

Sheila

Sheila Report 10 Aug 2003 20:46

It could be that the other names are behind the names you can see . Do the names have the 'branch' symbol? If they do and you click on it you might find your names.

Jacqueline

Jacqueline Report 10 Aug 2003 20:50

No that's all that there. It appears to be just his name and his parents

David

David Report 11 Aug 2003 12:04

I've put my data on via a GEDCOM, I have quite a few names that do not link to my main tree (yet). They have imported to genes connected, but cannot be reached via the tree software.