Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

comments Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 4 Aug 2003 20:04

Hi everyone I would like to put forward an idea. Currently we can elect to give access to our family tree to specified individuals, but it is likely that in the future we will not be around to give this access and all the info will be lost to other members. I would like to put forward a suggestion that the site managers provide a way that those who want can agree to allow anyone to view your tree. Comments please Paul

Chris

Chris Report 4 Aug 2003 22:28

Hi Paul I think that would be a great idea, an option to keep your tree private or to make it public would a great help to other people. After all the information in your tree can be found by other means the PRO FRC etc. so the information is freely available if not that easy to obtain by people who dont live in London or the area being reserched.

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 6 Aug 2003 09:35

I think it is a really good idea. Sonja

Maxine

Maxine Report 6 Aug 2003 13:15

I think that would be a great idea, I would not have a problem with anyone seeing my tree. It would also mean I would lose the 12 inch list of people that I have access to, everytime I look at the tree. I have to page down twice before I get to the tree! Maybe worth while restricting this option to full members, so that they know who is seeing what. Just in case someone unscrupulous person wanted to misuse the data. Regards Maxine