Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 2 Aug 2003 22:36

Hi forgot to look this family while I had Ancestry free trial Looking for a Thomas Rawlins age 14-16 Liverpool,father Thomas, mother Hester, Many thanks Kathleen.ps also forgot Fred Radford cant be certain of age possibly under 5 yrs Liverpool Thanks a Lot

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Aug 2003 22:48

Kathleen might it be this one 8 Norris Street, Liverpool Michael Owens Head 25 General Labourer Eliazabeth owens Wife 20 Thomas Rawlins father in law 40 ship waiter??? thomas Rawlins brother in law 16 ship waiter ??? walter rawlins brother in law 11 scholar Frank rawlins brother in law 4 Charles rawlins brother in law 2 can't really make out their occupations tho Zoe

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Aug 2003 22:51

no fred radford of that age in the area zoe

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 2 Aug 2003 23:00

Cheers Zoe, Thats them maybe Hester had died,thanks a lot very grateful,Kathleen

Andy

Andy Report 2 Aug 2003 23:05

There is a Fred Radford, aged 3 months, living in the South Everton area of Liverpool: John Radford, Head, 40, Gas Stoker, Ireland Ellen Radford, Wife, 40, Ireland Joseph Radford, Son, 15, Ireland John Radford, Son, 14, Ireland James Radford, Son, 13, Liverpool Kate Radford, Daughter, 9, Scholar, Liverpool Mary Radford, Daughter, 6, Scholar, Liverpool Agnes Radford, Daughter, 4, Liverpool Edward Radford, Son, 2, Liverpool Frederick Radford, Son, 3 months, Liverpool James Radford, Brother, Single, 38, Gas Stoker, Ireland Martin Radford, Brother, Single, 36, Gas Stoker, Ireland James Radford, Cousin, Single, 24, Gas Labourer, Ireland John Doyle, Cousin, Single, 24, Gas Stoker, Ireland Residing at 71 Upper Bean St (sp?) Big ol' family, does this look relevant to you?

Andy

Andy Report 2 Aug 2003 23:08

I also had a look at the information that Zoe found and Thomas Rawlins is listed as being a widower, so it would seem that his wife, Hester had died by then.

Zoe

Zoe Report 2 Aug 2003 23:14

Andrew, Just started using the 1891 myself. whereabouts on the file would I find the widower info? Do I need to look at the image itself?? Zoe

Andy

Andy Report 2 Aug 2003 23:19

Hi Zoe, Yes, if you look under the 'Condition as to marriage' column on the image itself, it lists 'Wid' for Widower. Andy.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 2 Aug 2003 23:26

Thanks Andrew it looks very promising,I could kick myself for not looking for them when I had the chance,duh Cheers Kathleen