Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1840/1850 census london

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Brian

Brian Report 2 Aug 2003 10:35

Does anyone have access to 1840/1850 census info for london, i would like to find Joseph Smaje brn aprox 1839 but this isnt exact as on later census's his age is slightly different. He was brn paddington london. Any info would be welcomed. Bri Liverpool/leeds

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 2 Aug 2003 12:34

ditto to Brian...I have my g/Grandad John Garfield, in the 1881 census as aged 41, born London, Middx, which isn't a lot of help. I have his death cert in Whitechapel 1888 (says aged 50!), but I can't find any trace of his birth

Debbie

Debbie Report 2 Aug 2003 12:47

And me I have my great great granfather Charles Day in 1901 he was in India in 1881 his birth year was a bout 1845 in Westminster I cannot find a birth or a marriage I would love to find out his parents on the 1851 census. Debbie

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 2 Aug 2003 13:29

Can anyone help us pleeeeez, pretty pleeeez

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Report 1 Jan 2005 19:22

please could any one help me i am looking for my mothers gran known as ganny dolan, she was born in irland and married a schober (not sure if spelling is right). she had at least one child called isobel, isobel was born about 1860/70. could any one help please.

Dwaffy

Dwaffy Report 1 Jan 2005 20:02

You are very unlikely to find someone's details on the 1841/1851 censuses unless someone has a name index. The people are listed by address not name so unless you have the address they were living at on census night you have little chance of finding them. Even if you find the Borough they were living in it would take someone hours to search all the census pages for that Borough. dave

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 2 Jan 2005 08:07

My word!!! Now there's a good service ...from 2 years ago even!! I'd forgotten I posted that message. Thanks Pam I have since found my John Garfield's birth on 31st May 1841 Bethnal Green and his parents, and his grandparents back to 1793 in Coventry ....and found a couple of new cousins into the bargain. Don't you just love this business!! Sylvia