Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where is mary????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 31 Jul 2003 23:49

I have a wedd cert for my G.G gran. she was married in 1893(aged 21)& i've traced her after this date but where is she before. her name was mary goodlad, her dad is walter, dont know her mum but family talk is she was a hannah/anna. she would have been born around 1872.when married she lived in chesterfield, derby. i've checked 1881 & have found a mary agd 9 but the other house members dont match. i've also checked bmd, but nothing clear found,have a mary b1873 & 1 b1871. can anyone PLEASE help find mary & if poss walter????

Annie

Annie Report 31 Jul 2003 23:54

Hiya what names would you be looking for as other household members? Best wishes A

Kerry

Kerry Report 1 Aug 2003 07:14

walter, as head poss hannah/anna as wife/marys mum. or if mary isnt the daughter would need to research other names more before could confim was her.

Crista

Crista Report 1 Aug 2003 09:33

Kerry, Can you find her on the 1901 census? What age is she there and where was she born? By the way, you can rule out the Mary born in 1873 on FreeBMD as she died 4 years later. Crista

mab

mab Report 1 Aug 2003 13:30

Kerry, in 1881 there is a Mary age 14 with a mother Hannah Goodlad in Conisbrough - not too far from Chesterfield. Father's name is Arthur Goodlad though, could he have had a second forename? Marian

Montmorency

Montmorency Report 1 Aug 2003 13:43

There's a Walter and Hannah Goodland with daughter Mary, 9, at Eckington DBY (near Chesterfield). Could be a transcription error. (And even if it says Goodland on the film, it can still be a transcription error, because the enumeration books are second-hand data to start with)

Kerry

Kerry Report 1 Aug 2003 14:50

thanks all. ive looked into the mary at conisbrough previously & not ruled her out but put her to one side as shes too old. and now i know i can rule out the one born in 1873. thanks robin for you info i will look more into this. i know the area in question & it would fit. thanks again.