Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ordering birth cert on-line

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Catherine from Manchester

Catherine from Manchester Report 31 Jul 2003 15:12

Can anyone tell me if the birth cert I have ordered on line has been processed or has anyone else has the same prob. Got the index ref from 1837. Ordered cert got to check-out then the page keeps going to checkout again so not sure if it's done. I didn't enter a debit card number and have tried to e-mail the gro and they have told me I need to add GQ in the subject header for a personal reply. thanks catherine

George

George Report 31 Jul 2003 15:26

when you email them, it won't go anywhere unless you add gq. george

Julie

Julie Report 31 Jul 2003 16:09

Umless you have put your credit card details in then it won't have processed it. This does seem to have been a problem for a lot of people, me included initially. My husband played around with the firewall settings as it was blocking access to proceeding to checkout and this sorted the problem but see what the GRO say. Good Luck. Julie

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 31 Jul 2003 16:12

Catherin, I had this problem yesterday. After checkout it need to go to the payment page. I couldn't get it to action that until I disabled Norton Security. If you have Norton that may be youir problem. Ann Glos

Catherine from Manchester

Catherine from Manchester Report 31 Jul 2003 16:48

Thanks everyone I'll have a mess around with it again. Why can't things be more simple. catherine