Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 26 Jul 2003 22:03

can anyone look up 1901 census for me, i would like to know if my nan is on there,she was born in london but i don't know where about,her name was florence louise churchill,her mother was carrey churchill,her grandparents where stephen&mary rouse.if anyone can find them could you give me as much information as possable. thanks a lot. chris.

Graham

Graham Report 27 Jul 2003 06:12

Christine - you can view the 1901 census yourself on-line, but to see the household you have to pay. URL is: http://www.census.pro.gov.uk/index.html

mab

mab Report 27 Jul 2003 13:55

Christine, could these be yours? There is a Caroline Churchill age 57 with daughter Florence age 23, also husband Henry and 7 other children. Search 1901 census site with name, place of birth ="kentish town"

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 27 Jul 2003 14:17

marion-thanks for replying,now i have thought about it,my nan was born in 1901 july 27,so she would'nt be on it would she? actually it's her birthday today! she would have been 102! her parents and grandparents would have been on it and some of her brothers and sisters who where born earlier,there were 13 of them,10 lived triplets died.thanks for your help anyway. chris.

Maxine

Maxine Report 27 Jul 2003 14:19

Hi Christine I have just sent you a message via your email. If you can reply to it I can send you some info I have got using the census decoder, which may give you some more names to try. regards Maxine

Michael

Michael Report 27 Jul 2003 14:25

Hi Christine, Saw your message and just wondered, I have Glovers in a far reaching branch of my tree. The earliest is James Glover b 1804/5 at Carleton Rode, Norfolk. He had 8 children. Any connection do you think? I have the names of the children if your interested. Regards Mick.