Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GENEALOGY FAIRS

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alison

Alison Report 26 Jul 2003 21:21

Hi there Does anyone know the place date and time of any Genealoy fairs in the near future? I find i have missed the Bucks one today - bother, but i was working anyway! Don't want to miss the next one! Alison

Debbie

Debbie Report 26 Jul 2003 22:40

I have just typed into family history fairs into google search, and it came up with loads of sites I clicked on the very first one, and found a whole list im still excited they have on in my home town of Eastleigh, I used to work in the venue, cant believe it. but its not till october so cant wait. Debbie

Unknown

Unknown Report 26 Jul 2003 22:51

Hi Debs, I went to the Eastleigh one last year and picked up some useful stuff. Jim Gosport.

Debbie

Debbie Report 26 Jul 2003 23:08

Jim My dad works there, I used to work there yet I never knew it was on last year, I suppose where I hadnt started researching then I probably didnt think twice about it. What sort of things can you pick up there and is it cheap or expensive. Im worried im going to overspend. Debbie

Alison

Alison Report 27 Jul 2003 11:57

Ok so now i have done a google search and these are the fairs that i have found. Now just need to add them to my calendar and remember to go! Hope this helps someone else too! Alison 13 Sept: North Wales Family History Fair, Conference Centre, Llandudno. 13 Sept: The Great North Fair, Gateshead International Stadium, Neilson Road, Gateshead. 14 Sept: The Yorkshire Coast Family History Fair, Spa Complex, Scarborough. 18 Oct: Border History Local & Family History Fair, Headquarters of Moorlands District Council, Leek. 19 Oct: North West of England Family History Fair, Northgate Arena Leisure Centre, Chester. 8 Nov: North West Group of Family History Societies, Manchester Velodrome. 23 Nov: Salford Local History Fair, Peel Park Library & Art Gallery, Salford.

Unknown

Unknown Report 27 Jul 2003 12:42

Hi Debs, I suppose each Fair is dependant on the Exhibitors. There were a number of Commercial Stands, Charts, Books, Microfiche/film readers etc, and some Amateur Stands, Family History Societies etc. I bought a CD of Isle of Wight Parish Registers, some old maps and books. Jim

April

April Report 27 Jul 2003 13:30

HI Alison There is a "Family History Fair" on the 2nd August in Long Melford,(which is about 3 miles from Sudbury) Suffolk.10;00-4;30 I will definitely be going, hoping to pick up some local info.April