Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 census help needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 26 Jul 2003 20:46

Hi I can't find my great grandmother in 1901 or her mother. They were Ellen(Helen) O'hanlon nee Daly, c40yrs,b Ireland and Catherine (Kate)c12yrs,b Middlesbrough. I have found the husband and other children but those two were absent. I've tried every combination. So if any member can find them I'll be eternally grateful. George

Mystified

Mystified Report 27 Jul 2003 08:06

There is a Kate O’HANLAN in Durham aged 12. I take it you have seen the Kate O’Hanlon living in Bolton? Let me know how you get on. John

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 27 Jul 2003 10:13

George; I did a quick look up on FREEBMD with the following results in deaths: All O'HANLON Catherine- Dec 1894 aged 57 Prestwich, Jun 1897 Aged 5 Toxteth Park, Dec 1898 aged 0 Tynemouth, Mar 1899 aged 61 Fylde, Sep 1899 aged 51 Uxbridge and Dec 1901 aged 41 Bolton. I also Tried O'Hanlan, Catharine, Kate, Ellen and Helen but nothing else came up. Hope this might help. Sonja

Oz Mozz

Oz Mozz Report 27 Jul 2003 10:21

Sorry, should have added this before.... Is you Helen Daly the same one on the 1881 census who is a domestic Cook?

George

George Report 27 Jul 2003 11:20

I've looked on the site at both those Kate's and its neither of them and Ellen was an O'hanlon by 1881.