Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cahir Ireland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Patricia

Patricia Report 26 Jul 2003 11:32

I was born in cahir southern ireland name Cronin mothers maiden name Keyes trying to find any family members with those surnames to research family history

Peter

Peter Report 26 Jul 2003 19:02

I have Cronins in my family, also from Ireland but mine are from Park Killarney, Cork?? Alas I am unable to find out much about the Cronins in Ireland either...where is Cahir exactly? Best wishes Peter

Patricia

Patricia Report 29 Jul 2003 22:26

hi peter eyre cahir is in the south part of tipperary i have a brother who lives in cork still trying to find out about the Cronin family

Peter

Peter Report 30 Jul 2003 21:30

Hi Patricia, I wish him the best of luck - Irish ancestors seem a particularly elusive beast! Best wishes Peter

Carissa

Carissa Report 3 Oct 2011 01:37

I have relative that I am searching Cronins from Clonmel Tipperary
Patrick Francis Cronin who married Josephine Mary Mackey in Clonmel in 1900.
They moved to London and were there in 1911 census, then to Australia in 1913.
Josephines mothers maiden name was Higgins,
any connections?
how did you go finding ancestors?

Lynski

Lynski Report 3 Oct 2011 02:41

Carissa,

Patricia's post is over 8 years old and she might not be checking it still?

Try sending her a personal message by clicking on her name. If her email address is still the same after all this time GR will contact her.

Carissa

Carissa Report 3 Oct 2011 03:40

oh i was thinking GR would send her an email if someone wrote on her wall post
thankyou i didnt think of that. i had better write directly to her

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 3 Oct 2011 03:48

Carissa

Unfortunately, GR do not notify of new posts on threads ........... the onus is on us, the members, to keep checking on My Threads (in the Tools to the left of your screen) and thus keep track of new postings.

sylvia