Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any Irish members

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 25 Jul 2003 19:14

Hi Is there anyone this site who lives in Ireland and could do some research at the main archives in Dublin or could offer any help whatsoever. George

Catherine

Catherine Report 26 Jul 2003 19:43

George go to 'google' type in 'certs n searches Dublin'. A link to Brian will come up. Brian charges a small fee but although i haven't used him yet, he looks like he does a good job.Also if you go to RootsWebb.com[watch capitol leters]scroll down to mailing lists on the left,choose 'browse all lists' then go to 'international' and choose Ireland.All of the counties will come up.Then choose which County you are interested in and you can join and/or browse the messages.If you ask for help on the list you nearly always get it.Also it's all free. hope this helps. regards Catherine

George

George Report 26 Jul 2003 20:12

Hi I've tried asking for help on a couple of Rootsweb lists for Ireland but got no responses. George

Catherine

Catherine Report 27 Jul 2003 01:41

Keep trying George.It only needs the right person at the right time to help Catherine

Laurie

Laurie Report 27 Jul 2003 01:45

Hi, I'm not in Ireland but if you give me the name I might be able to help. Just found a site that has a forum for my surname. Laurie

George

George Report 27 Jul 2003 11:28

I'm interested in a Griffin family who came from Co. Galway they consisted of father John,mother unknown and children Dennis and Mary. Also interested in an O'hanlon & Daly's who came from Newry, CoTyrone. I have a very old address for some rellies (the Thorntons) in CoLouth but I don't know if they still live there. George