Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

northumberland/1891

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 24 Jul 2003 10:26

I am trying to trace my g.g.mother Jane Walton from Corbridge, Northumberland. I found her on 1881 census age 6. Found on the 1901 in her married name CHAMPION. But i can't find her on the 1891 census. She got married in 1891 but when I found her husband he was single. Can anybody help me? Thanks

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jul 2003 10:30

Mary is this the one Jane Walton m George Henry Champion September Quarter 1891 Runcorn Vol 8a Page 370 found this on freebmd hevi

Mary

Mary Report 24 Jul 2003 12:01

Hi Heather. I have the marriage cert. I am trying to trace Jane on the 1891 census. I have her on the 1881 and 1901. MARY

Heather

Heather Report 24 Jul 2003 12:40

Hi Mary sorry doh having a senior moment however on the 1891 census have found only 2 Jane Walton's born Corbridge one wsa Hannah Jane aged 12 the other Jane Ann aged 60! for Northumberland found Jane E aged 15 as born in Hexham (anywhere near?) other members of family were Michael W head 50 - farmer Isabella wife 50 William 20 Jane E 15 Michael 11 Joseph F 0 Richard nephew 12 William brother 47 if these aren't them can you let me know any other details and i will have another look later on. hevi

Mary

Mary Report 24 Jul 2003 13:12

Hi Heather. Sent you a private letter. MARY