Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coroners report 1892

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellen

Ellen Report 24 Jul 2003 08:09

Does anyone know whether coroners records from 1892 would be kept and where? I have a great uncle who was crushed while working on a train in Bradford and on his death cert it mentions the coroner. Helena

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Jul 2003 08:54

Hi Helena,I had a suicide in my family tree in 1889 (Scotland). There was a note written on the side of the death certificate referring to another document held at the records office.I think it was an inquest report.That document explained the actual cause of death. Hope that helps.Good luck. Regards Margaret

Karen

Karen Report 24 Jul 2003 10:04

Hi I found the local newspaper covers coroners reports quite well. Found my Ggrandad's suicide quite well detailed. Sometimes the reports will not be released even if they survive according to B'ham archives as they are too grusome to read or look at if photos are included. I think it depends on each district as to how well documented they are. Ask at the main library where you live where the county archives are kept and they should be able to help you. Karen