Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do you get 1891 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bryan

Bryan Report 22 Jul 2003 23:30

I'm impressed with the folks who find people "in 1881/1891 census" How do you ?? My grandad Horace Oldfield Sykes born 1878 Morley,W/Yorks.Can you find his family in 1891 census. Can U help??

Heather

Heather Report 23 Jul 2003 00:02

Bryan - as the other lady said there is a 14 day trial on ancestry for 1891 census 1881 census is available on familysearch.org however, i have found the following Herbet sykes 36 - morley mary j sykes 36 - leeds horace sykes - 8 - morley thomas sykes 29 rag merchant morley hannah sykes 29 morley horace sykes 6 morley joseph sykes 27 engineer birkenshaw esther ann sykes 30 woolen weaver morley harry sykes 6 morley horace sykes 3 morley there were some older horace's but not that were born in morley hevi

Bryan

Bryan Report 23 Jul 2003 00:52

Thanks Dorothy will try/Heather your info great ,had Herbert/Mary Jane in 1881 age 26 without Horace .But my Horace would be 13 in 1891.Thanks for help.

Heather

Heather Report 23 Jul 2003 07:21

Bryan sometimes if a child died they named the next child with the same name - there are only 8 horace sykes - i'll have another look at lunch time if you wish hevi

Bryan

Bryan Report 23 Jul 2003 23:58

Heather Any luck at lunchtime with Horace ?(13 in 1891).He lived in Morley deffo married 1900 (have sent for cert.f from GRO Bry