Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help 1891 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Judy

Judy Report 21 Jul 2003 15:16

please can someone help, maybe deborah! I am looking for my grandfather and ggranparents cannot find them on 1881 or 1901,think it will be London area ggp lived in Eastbourne after 1910 Abel or Abell Alfred john? Abel B.05/06/1868 London Louisa Ellen Abel B.1871 Eye, Northants (was Bailey is on 1881 census) Alfred William Abel B.17/10/1889 London brother John A Born 1887? others William.J B.1892, sisters -Sarah Louisa B.1896 and Gladys B.? Ta,Judy

April

April Report 21 Jul 2003 15:27

Hi Judy Found the family living in Harrow Middlesex Alfred Abell 23 Railway labourer, born Lambeth Louisa 22 born Lincolnshire, Eye. John 3 and Alfred 1 both born Rickmansworth Herts, Hope this is of help APRIL

Judy

Judy Report 21 Jul 2003 15:45

Dear April, thank you so much for your quick response it was so nice to have a reply as we have not had ANY response from contacts made through our possible links. These are definately ours, please could you help again and give me the full address details. thanks again,Judy

April

April Report 21 Jul 2003 17:33

Hi Judy I've had a look, it's quite hard to read but I think it says no 5 Pulleyne Fen, Harrow Middlesex April

Christine

Christine Report 21 Jul 2003 17:49

April Thanks of behalf of Judy and myself - her sister - this has been such a great help -taking advantage of you!! could you look to see if you can find his brother. We found him on 1901 census in Eastbourne but wondered where he lived in 1891 - William Abell/l he was born C1861 Old Ford London his wife was Fanny born C1859 Lambeth - but we don't know what year they married. What a star you are!! Chrissie

April

April Report 21 Jul 2003 21:30

Hi Judy and Christine Think this is them in Eastbourne, at 137 Tideswell? Road William 35 born London ,Bow ,Gen Lab Fanny 35 " Lambeth William Smith , Nephew 18 born Warrington? Eliza Cook Niece 12 lambeth April

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jul 2003 07:20

April Thanks for this - we're planning a day at the Eastbourne Library at the beginning of August where they hold the old electoral rolls etc. This will be a great help knowing where he was. William was mentioned in the Kellys for 1899 but we didn't think he had moved to Eastbourne much before then. Chrissie & Judy