Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FRC and LMA visit - can I help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 18 Jul 2003 11:11

I'm off to the Family Records Centre next week to spend a couple of days doing some research and if I have time i'll pop round to the London Metropolitan Archives too. If anyone one has come to a dead end and would like a look up for a missing B/M/D or anything else I'm more than happy to help. You'll need to let me know by 6pm Saturday because that when I hit the road from Scotland to London and I have no internet after that.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 18 Jul 2003 11:38

Zoe thanks for offer have e-mailed you direct Shelli

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Jul 2003 11:39

what a wonderful offer,I would be so eager to take advantage of,but although I have a good idea of dates names, etc I dont know gro index numbers would you need them Zoe? many thanks kathleen

Zoe

Zoe Report 18 Jul 2003 11:48

Kathleen. If you want to email me the names your looking for and the rough dates I can look up the records and see what I can find for you to help you narrow down your search. also if you know areas that may help. Zoe

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 18 Jul 2003 11:51

cheers Zoe, will do that THANKS Kathleen

Hilary

Hilary Report 18 Jul 2003 21:23

Hi Hope you have not too many requests for assistance or you wont have time to do your own research! I would like to know the birth details of my great grandfather Ralph Dykes who was born in Silverdale Staffordshire in approx. 1838. (His age on the 1881 census was given as 43) I have tried on many occassions at my local records office to find his birth but have been unsuccessful. Many thanks. Hilary

Ginny

Ginny Report 18 Jul 2003 21:27

Hilary - Ilive about 2 miles from Silverdale so will look for your details at the local FHS if that is any help

Zoe

Zoe Report 19 Jul 2003 22:58

just popping this up the top for all you late-nighters like me. I'll be online until 1am if there's anyone else needs any BMD look-ups when I'm at the Family Records Centre next week. Zoe

Sue in Sx

Sue in Sx Report 19 Jul 2003 23:56

Hi Zoe - just popping in before bed. I put a message on here last nite but it seems to have gone awol. Hope you dont mind I e.mailed you direct last nite. Many thanks, Sue.

Laurie

Laurie Report 20 Jul 2003 22:23

Zoe, I'm stuck with my nan. She was born Freda Stanley 2/9/1909 but I can't find her on 1837 site. As far as I am aware she was born in either Woolwich or Plumstead. Her fathers name was Charles Stanley unfortunately I'm yet to find her mothers name hence the need for the details of her birth. Be grateful if you have the time, anything would be a help. Laurie

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 21 Jul 2003 00:25

Zoe, Just like to say, have a great time, and hope you get lots of info. kim sandhurst

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 21 Jul 2003 12:56

If you could do a look up for me that would be really great. PLUMMER Ada. Age 7 in 1881. Parents John Plummer and Mary Ann formerly Thornbury. Born Hunslett Leeds. There were 2 Ada Plummers born around that time with the other also having John as a father (not the same John I don't think!)and probably with the name Eleanor. I just need confirmation of details. Father could have been either a Soldier or a Police Office ( occupations on siblings certs.) Thank you so much in anticiapation! Jacky

Linda

Linda Report 21 Jul 2003 21:41

Hi Zoe, Have just started on this geneology trek and was hoping to make a trip myself to th FRC next week while on leave, how difficult is it to look up records? for a complete novice, how does it all work and what would you advise I take with me (apart from my hubby of course) Be very grateful for any advice you could give me and then perhaps I could help others on my next trip. Lynn.

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Jul 2003 22:43

Lynn Paper & pencils. It is easy and there are staff to advise you, if you have a problem. Margaret