Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 lookup help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 16 Jul 2003 21:33

Please can anyone help, I am looking for my Grandfathers Family he was born 9/7/1885 at St. Pancras. Name Horace Henry Coish he had at least 1 brother and sister, I can't find any trace in the 1901 census could someone try the 1891 census for me, please, please, please, Thankyou, Lynn.

Tracy

Tracy Report 16 Jul 2003 22:16

Lynn, I've had a quick look on the 1891 Census but cannot find anything for Horace. Do you have any other details? As he has an unusual name, it may have been transcribed incorrectly, so another name for a relative would help. Tracy

Linda

Linda Report 16 Jul 2003 22:36

Thanks for trying Tracey, the Names are definatly right as it was my maiden name. Have a page ripped out of the family Bible that he filled in. that says he was born at 36 Mansfield Rd. St. Pancras.Names that come up in his childrens names are Henry Lewis (his wifes fathers name) Frederick Charles, Vera Lily (his wifes name), Stanley Horace, as relatives names are often used would this help? He was married in Sept 1915 at Willesden.

Crista

Crista Report 16 Jul 2003 22:41

Linda, Do you have any of details for Horace's brothers and sisters or parents? Tracy means that it might have been transcribed incorrectly in the census. Crista

Crista

Crista Report 16 Jul 2003 22:47

Found him in 1901. He was listed as Caish living in Willesden Henry CAISH 1856 London St Pancras Milk Carrier Frances CAISH 1862 London St Pancras Horace CAISH 1886 London St Pancras Pianoforte Finisher Apprentice May CAISH 1890 London Finchley Violet CAISH 1892 Streatham Chas CAISH 1898 London St Pancras Crista

Linda

Linda Report 16 Jul 2003 22:50

No Crista, I think thats why I'm having so much trouble because i haven't a name to link to, so I was hoping one of his family names had been passed onto 1 of his children, also working on the vain hope that at 15/16 he may have been at work or in lodgings and missed off the 1901 census but would appear on the 1891 as he would only have been 5/6.

Linda

Linda Report 16 Jul 2003 22:56

Crista, Just got back to replies( I'm a two finger! typer I Mean! ) your 2nd reply looks hopeful, I should have thought of that the number of times I had to spell my maiden name out!! most people spelt it Coysh. Thanks for helping. Lynn.

Crista

Crista Report 16 Jul 2003 23:02

Linda, I left the last name blank and typed in Horace, age 15 +/-1 and born in St. Pancras. Crista

Linda

Linda Report 16 Jul 2003 23:10

Thanks Crista thats a handy tip on an unusual name and of course Chas is short for Charles which was part of one of my uncles names, another link?. Lynn

Crista

Crista Report 16 Jul 2003 23:32

FreeBMD has a birth record for Charles Roland Coish. Can't find the birth records for the others. Crista