Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1851 Devon Norfolk and Warwickshire

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 12 Jul 2003 10:00

Just a quick post in case my earlier offer disappears into oblivion! I have the above census on CDROM and am more than willing to do lookups for anyone who wants one. If you have access to Microsoft Word I can simply copy and paste the results and email them to you. Sally, Coventry

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 12 Jul 2003 10:26

Hi Sally, I wonder if you can find any Joesburys in Warwickshire. My great grandmother was born there in 1859 but I havent found her parents.She was called Eliza Joesbury but obviously wouldnt be around for 9 years. Thanks Jennie

Helen

Helen Report 12 Jul 2003 10:28

Hi Sally I would really appreciate you doing a look up for me please. I am trying to locate Eli Humphrey who was born around 1837 in Churchingford, Devon. Any info would be gratefully received. Many thanks Helen Maidenhead, Berkshire

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 12 Jul 2003 11:54

Jennie and Helen I have some results for you! Please email me directly by clicking on my name, that way I will be able to send you the information back via email. Regards Sally Any more for any more?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 12 Jul 2003 12:37

Hi To take the pressure off Sally if there are a lot of look ups required, I also have the disc and would be happy to do any look ups Ann Glos

Katinahat

Katinahat Report 13 Jul 2003 01:30

Hi Sally and Ann, I would be grateful if one of you could take a look for my husbands Great Grandfather and his family. Charles Brock (Brocke on the 1881 census) born c1852 Devonport. Many thanks Kathy Epsom, Surrey

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 13 Jul 2003 12:33

Hi Kathleen! I cannot find a Charles Brock in Devonport (although there is one in Exworth, dunno where that is?) so it looks like he wasnt born by the time of the census. However, there is 2 Brock households in Devonport listed. If you want to email me directly, I can copy and paste the info into a return email for you. Regards Sally

Linda

Linda Report 14 Jul 2003 10:09

Hi Sally, Just seen your offer. Could you see if you can find anything about John Shaw born Sept 1845 in Norfolk, Thetwade or Wayland district I think. He had at least two clildren, William and Mary Jane, and I would appreciate any furhter information you might be able to help with i.e. wifes name, year of birth. Thanks in advance. Linda Cooper.

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 14 Jul 2003 13:37

Hi Linda! I cant find any entries for the two places you mentioned. But there is a John Shaw aged 5 in Bridgham Norfolk. Do you think this might be the one? If not I can have another look. Do you know any of his siblings names? That might help me pinpoint him as they would also be still living at home. Look forward to hearing from you! Sally, Coventry

Annie

Annie Report 15 Jul 2003 00:27

Hiya *stills excited breast* do you have anywhere a Susannah Vanstone allegedly born Monkleigh Devon daur of Jon and Elizabeth Vanstone. Jon being a policeman. Grovelling thanks Ann (gr grandaughter of Susannah)

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 15 Jul 2003 17:02

Hi Ann! There are 3 Susannah Vanstones listed in Devon on the Census, do you think any of these might help: Susannah B1835 Highampton Susannah B1845 Inwardleigh Susannah B1848 Black Torrington Do you have any other info I could work on? Do you know her DOB roughly? Email me directly with any other info you may have, that way I can cut and paste results straight back to you. Regards Sally