Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1881 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 11 Jul 2003 06:10

i have the entire census on disk for all uk etc, if anyone wants stuff loking up i will do it asap

Tracey

Tracey Report 11 Jul 2003 07:12

Dawn, Where did you get the 1881 census from please and how much was it if you don't mind me asking? Tracey, Bolton

Lynne

Lynne Report 11 Jul 2003 08:35

1881 is online anyway so why buy it? (Don't mean to be rude, just curious). Lynne Sale CHS

Susan

Susan Report 11 Jul 2003 08:38

It includes the 1881 Scottish census, which isnt online. I have been doing look ups for Scotland and am still happy to do so. You can get it from the LDS family history centres , cant remember the exact cost as I bought it a while back. Susan

June

June Report 11 Jul 2003 09:06

I have been told by people that have this disc, that it contains information not held on 1881 census on line. June,nr.Preston.Lan.

Stephen

Stephen Report 11 Jul 2003 10:08

I believe I paid about £30.00 for the set of discs from The Later Day Saints. I have found it very good and information a lot easier to follow than on the web site.

Mystified

Mystified Report 11 Jul 2003 18:55

I know it's not quite like owning your own but most libraries have a set of cds of the 1881 census.

Beryl

Beryl Report 11 Jul 2003 19:58

I have the CDs too and they have been great for me because the 1881 wasn't online when I got them. Dont know if they have more info on or not but they cover England, Scotland, Wales, Channel Isles, Isle of Man and Royal Navy as well as a National Index. I'd be happy to look up as well if needed. Beryl, Darlington DUR

Dawn

Dawn Report 11 Jul 2003 21:25

when i bought them the census wasnt online but i have found that someimes what i cant find online is on the disc, also it includes the rest of the uk scotland northern island etc