Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with 1837 download!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Jul 2003 23:22

I've been trying to install Djvu Browser all evening,from 1837online site,its now tellig me "This program cannot be run in DOS MODE", can someone please explain what this means.Cheers Jude.H.(s.wales)

Graham

Graham Report 10 Jul 2003 08:21

Jude It might be a good idea to ask the 1837 site direct. I could be that your download got corrupted (unlikely) and downloading it again just might do the trick. I take it you have the file DjVuWebBrowserPlugin.exe which you have double clicked and installed? If so when you select a page on the 1837 site the plug-in should activate a browser page for you to view the page. There is a test page on the website to check this. Graham

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Jul 2003 09:39

Graham Thanks for that,will try it later,off't to work now. Jude H.