Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Finding Records in Jamaica and Cuba

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Angela

Angela Report 9 Jul 2003 19:07

My grandfather was born in Cuba but his mother was from Jamaica and they moved back there when he was 2. Can anyone advise me whether his birth will be registered in Cuba or in Jamaica? Also, are there any census or similar population type surveys available for 1901 - 1931 period in Jamaica. Any advice appreciated as I have traced other ancestors back 6-7 generation but I'm really stuck on this one.

Ellen

Ellen Report 13 Oct 2004 19:33

Hi Angela You may have to follow both leads Cuba & Jamaica. I have varied mixed roots and routes to deal with also! I am coming across this issues where there are no records, because they are under incorrect names or the are just not there. Some families did not register births until some weeks or months later or not at all. But please do not give up. I have reached a standstill because of this, and I've only been at this since 2001. I wish someone from Channel 4 would contact me to help me trace my family.....don't you!!?