Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Census Party 2011

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Paul

Paul Report 3 Jul 2003 18:32

Make it easy for your descendents to trace their families in the centries to come. On March 31st 2011, invite all your relatives to sleep over at your house, and then fill out the Census form indicating the relationships. Paul :)

Andrea

Andrea Report 3 Jul 2003 19:26

hahahahahahahah - great idea! I love it!!! Then again - why make it easy for them when we have had it so hard?!?!?

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 3 Jul 2003 19:45

There should be rules about writing in nice clear script. Some of the problems we are having at present would not exist!!

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 4 Jul 2003 11:06

I laughed out loud when I read this! I think it's a fab idea :O) PS Along the same lines...it would be very helpful if when registering a birth, if there's anyone else in the country who already has that name, then another name is chosen!

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 4 Jul 2003 11:58

Paul, Ummm. . . . Would the Admission charge be by Birth Certificate only ? ? ? And those with a track record bring along their Marriage Certificates ? ? MIKE.

Lynne

Lynne Report 4 Jul 2003 13:20

Good Heavens Michael, I'd have to bring all three marriage certs! Not sure I have the first 2 and I'm certainly not going to pay for new ones - LOL!!! Lynne Sale CHS

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 4 Jul 2003 21:22

Paul Please can you tell me who I should delegate to settle all the family feuds before I arrange this 2011 reunion?!!!! There is no way I could handle all the fighting on that night just to fill out a form!!!!!! Kim Sandhurst

Jason

Jason Report 5 Jul 2003 02:04

ALSO!!! When people get married, have children....update the forms so that all the details about both partners and their parents are recorded! J.

Debbie

Debbie Report 5 Jul 2003 14:18

Dont you think it`s more exciting now knowing much. If our future generations had all the information straight away it would be really boring. Debbie

Paul

Paul Report 14 May 2004 16:14

I love this new search engine Geneseconnected have introduced. I even found one of the first posts I submitted in the summer of last year.

Brenda

Brenda Report 14 May 2004 16:18

i was an enumerator on the last census and im sorry to say if id have known then wot i know now i would have used my best handwriting. sorry!

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 May 2004 16:52

Make sure you're sober when you do the form! Actually by 2011, won't we all be filling our forms in online with a software program telling us we've spelt our names wrongly and the place we were born doesn't exist? :-)

Mary

Mary Report 14 May 2004 17:34

Love this idea. Mary

Penny

Penny Report 15 May 2004 23:52

i have it all worked out!! i plan to make loads of copies so i can leave them to all my relations and hopefully a few will feel guilty about all the hard work and love i have put into collecting all the info, and will carry it on for future generations. HA HA if i know my lot it will end up in the back of a cupboard somewhere. however my nephew is interested in family history, i have given him strict instructions that he is to carry on were i leave off, which wont be for a while yet i hope. the trouble is who carries it on after him? penny ps i quite like the idea of a shin dig for 2011, but to many fighters and not enough refs. HA HA

Marlene

Marlene Report 16 May 2004 12:53

May I suggest compulsory contraception for 9 months previous to March 2011 so there's not the irritation of discovering children born the day after the census in 2021? Cheers Marlene

Christine2

Christine2 Report 16 May 2004 13:44

Well I think, just for a laugh, we should hire the Albert Hall and every GC member who can make it have an all night party. Think how long it would take the next generation to figure out what we were all doing there!!! Chris :)))

Seasons

Seasons Report 16 May 2004 17:06

Now come on Its going to be really difficult when they try to work out relationships in the future. Who married who - who had three children by three different fathers - did a youngster marry an oldie - who's half this and that and who married ex partners sister/brother. How many didn't bother to marry at all and lived together for a couple of years and then had 20 kids elsewhere with how many partners ....................................... At least with our research at the minute (I'm presuming) its basically only a few unmarried parents - but goodness knows what it'll be like in 50 - 100 years time!!!!!!