Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Passenger list

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marion

Marion Report 3 Jul 2003 00:11

Would anyone have access to a passenger list from America to the UK during the years 1881 to 1883? My ggrandfather William Baker b.1860, father called Stephen, was born in America and cannot be traced on 1881 census but was married to his first wife Alice in 1883 in Bristol. Grateful for any help, Marion

Marion

Marion Report 3 Jul 2003 21:33

Tracey, thanks for the website. I have waded through parts of it without luck. Lots of William Bakers but none born in America in 1860. Good site though, Marion

Vera

Vera Report 4 Jul 2003 09:11

Marion Have you found your William Baker on the USA 1880 Census on Family search? Then you would know where he was in 1880. Look at the Links on the left. Vera, Manchester LAN

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 4 Jul 2003 09:27

Marion Have you tried www(.)cyndislist(.)com there are immigration lists and sailing lists on there but as Tracy has said they may all be going to Amereica Ann,Darlington

Marion

Marion Report 4 Jul 2003 14:29

Vera,Ann, I have looked on IGI and the American census. Plenty of Williams on the IGI but none that I could identify with. The census showed up with no matches with father named Stephen. Cyndie's list seems to be going to America not arriving in UK.Back to the drawing board I suppose! Thanks for all your help anyway, Marion