Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

W.W.I

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 2 Jul 2003 20:48

Have a look at this site it's unbelivable www(.)shotatdawn(.)org(.)uk remove the brackets,now we no what went on. Jill from Cardiff

Sue

Sue Report 3 Jul 2003 08:25

It's unbelievable what went on then. The soldiers were expendable, they were no more than numbers to the powers that be. Everyone should look at this site and be grateful for living in the 21 century. We should join the campaign to pardon these poor people. Sue

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 5 Jul 2003 16:04

Sue I can't agree with you more,it must be terrible for the family's that had to live with it,and those poor soldiers who new the truth.

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 8 Jul 2003 08:17

Dont see any mention of the 200 Canadians that were shot by the British Army, for Mutiny, at Royal Artillery Barracks in Oswestry. Thence the Canadians were buried in their own Canadian Soil imported, at St Asaph Cathedral Nearbye. The whole thing was hushed up. May still Be.

Sue

Sue Report 8 Jul 2003 13:28

I am half Canadian and I had no idea about that. How terrible. Mind you I only found out from a Canadian genealogy site that I had a Great Uncle who was killed in action in WW1 and awarded the Military Medal! I always thought my Grandmother was an only child.