Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris

Chris Report 30 Jun 2003 14:45

Is there anyone out there who can look up a family for me on the 1891 census? Im looking for Robert Littlewood married to Harriet, i need to know who there children are Thanks Christine ps in lancashire

Rosi

Rosi Report 30 Jun 2003 15:27

Hi Christine - have had a look at Ancestry for you. The 1891 shows Robert, 41, Harriet 41,Harriet 16, Edith 4, (may be 7) & Sarah 3. Dad was Blacksmith, Harriet the younger was wool tenter(?), all born in Manchester bar wife Harriet who was born in Timperley Cheshire. Hope this helps. Rosi

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Jun 2003 15:29

Hi Christine 132 Montague Street Harpurhey Manchester ROBERT LITTLEWOOD 41 BLACKSMITH b. MANCHESTER HARRIET 41 B. TIMPERLEY, CHESHIRE HARRIET, AGED 16 WOOL TENTER b. MANCHESTER EDITH AGED 7 (OR 9) SCHOLAR b. MCR SARAH AGED 3 B. MANCHESTER Hope this helps Hazel Dalgety Bay

BrianW

BrianW Report 30 Jun 2003 15:54

Could I add a request for a check on 1891 for my great grandfather, Alfred Worboys. It MAY have been spelt Warboys. I've got him on 1881 LDS shown as aged 33, born in Hertford, putting his birth as 1847/48, living in London, Middlesex. However, freebmd only shows a birth for June qtr 1846. With the Warboys spelling there is a birth on 1881 LDS in 1848. I can't find him on 1901, wondering if he died before then, but that's not on freebmd. There is a Jane Worboys who could be his widow as a visitor. His age at 1891 (I think he was alive then as he is shown as the father on his son's marriage certificate, in my possession) or previous censuses could help tie down which birth (if either) is correct.

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Jun 2003 21:18

Hi There , While 1891 census look ups are ripe at the moment could someone do one for me pleeease! I'm looking for Samuel Wilcock born 1860/61 in Todmorden, West Yorkshire and his wife Emma Jane. Also if his father is there (not sure if he was already deceased by then) his name is Henry Wilcock born Erringden, Todmorden. I think he was a farmer. Thanks in anticipation. Tracey x

Chris

Chris Report 30 Jun 2003 21:23

Rosi & Hazel thank you!!!!!!!!! that has helped me a lot,thanks again what would i do without you! Regards Christine

Rosi

Rosi Report 30 Jun 2003 22:06

Tracey - have had a look. Can find Sarah Wilcock, widow 49. Samuel G, son 21, a dyer - cannot read what sort - John W, 19, Moulder- again cannot read what sort, and Sarah H, 17. All born Yorkshire, Address looks like Stbbn Bridge. Hope this helps! It's all a bit Yorkshire to me! Luv Rosi

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Jun 2003 22:17

Thanks Rosi, Not sure if they are the right ones though as Samuel would of been about 30 by then. Also my grandad Leonard would have been born in 1887 so he would be 3. Thanks for trying ,it's much appreciated. Tracey x

Rosi

Rosi Report 30 Jun 2003 23:07

Hi Tracy - have looked again. Hve found: Samuel, head aged 30. Emma Wife aged 26, Mary Dort. 5. Leonard. Son 3, and Frank son 1. Samuel b Todmorden, and emma and children also born Yorkshire - diff. village/town - which I couldn't read - sorry. Hope this time it's the right lot- but will have another go if it's not.

Rosi

Rosi Report 30 Jun 2003 23:11

Ps for Tracey - address seems to be 36 Braggs Bottom. and occupation for Samuel looks like 'bottonstutching' I'm sure they can 'ave yer' fer that! Regards Rosi

Tracey

Tracey Report 1 Jul 2003 07:35

Rosi - You're a star! They are the right ones. I think the address could be 'Craggs Bottom' because where some of them were born was a place called Cragg Vale. That's great though, I'm dead excited now! Cheers. Tracey x

Graham

Graham Report 1 Jul 2003 08:17

Rosi I wonder if you can help me find my g grandparents and family in the 1891 census - they were in the 1881 census in Middlesex as: Arthur CLARK Head M Male 28 Holloway, Middlesex, England Fish Hawker Annie CLARK Wife M Female 28 Westminster, Middlesex, England Flower Hawker Arthur CLARK Son Male 8 Holloway, Middlesex, England Scholar John CLARK Son Male 5 Holloway, Middlesex, England James CLARK Son Male 7 m Holloway, Middlesex, England but at some time they moved to Eastbourne Sussex. If you can help I would be most grateful. Thanks Graham