Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look up request please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 30 Jun 2003 10:26

if anyone has access to1891 census for Liverpool i would be soooo gratefol if they could see if there are any John Stoneleys aged about six I think his parents are John and Helen,Thanks very much Kathleen

Chris

Chris Report 30 Jun 2003 11:17

Kathleen, Could you possibly narrow the search down a bit and give me an approx area in Liverpool. Chris

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Jun 2003 11:42

Kathleen I've found your family on the 1891 census I think. It's ref. RG12/2920 Clare St, Liverpool. No. 8 Court, Hose no. 19. It's shared with another family, The Cassidy's. The details are: JOHN F STONELY age 33 a Fish Hawker born in Salford. Wife: ELLEN age 32 also a Fish Hawker born Liverpool Ellen and Helen are often the same name it depends how someone heard it. Daughters, ANN J, age 12, MARGARET age 8, ELEANOR age 3 and MARY age 7 months. Son JOHN H age 5 all the children were born in Liverpool Margaret

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 30 Jun 2003 12:20

Thanks Chris and Margaret,Margaret has hit the Jackpot as all the sibling names match.No wonder I havent been getting far as I thought the parents had been born in Yorkshire and Ireland.Thank You both so so much Kathleen

Chris

Chris Report 30 Jun 2003 13:35

Kathleen Credit were credit is due,Margaret did all the work.I hadn't got started.I haven't got an Index so I have to "walk the Streets" thats why I asked for an area.If someone knows of an easier way I'd be very grateful. Chris

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Jun 2003 13:41

Chris I have the census on the 14 day trial on ancestry at the moment so that does have an index Margaret

Chris

Chris Report 30 Jun 2003 13:47

Margaret Do they have the Yorkshire census for 1861 and 1871 on the Ancestry site. Chris

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 30 Jun 2003 13:52

Christine or Margaret would it be poss for you to look for John and Ann Godfrey Kids POSS Maggie,John,Mary,Thomas,Elizabeth,Sara and Martha please on 1881census add was 6House 30 Court Bond ST LPOOL on 1901 its 7 Back Bond ST LPOOL Thanks. Are the 14 day trials easy to get out of when trial is up

Chris

Chris Report 30 Jun 2003 14:09

Kathleen I have found your Stonely family in the 1891 census.If you e-mail me through this site and give me your e-mail address I can send the page over to you.(hope you understood that) Chris

Margaret

Margaret Report 30 Jun 2003 15:44

Kathleen Ref Rg12/2920 13 No 1 Court, St Anne St,Liverpool JOHN GODFREY age 40 a labourer ANN GODFREY,wife age 39 a Fruit Saleswoman MARGARET GODFREY daughter age 24 a Fruit Salewoman JOHN GODFREY son age 19 a salesman MARY GODFREY daughter age 16 a nurse girl THOMAS GODFREY son age 14 ELIZA GODFREY daughter age 5 SARAH GODFREY daughter age 3 LOUISA GODFREY daughter age 1 all were listed as born in Liverpool Margaret

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 30 Jun 2003 23:20

I have used the free 14 day trial on Ancestry, and got loads of information from it, then cancelled it with no problems.

Alison

Alison Report 1 Jul 2003 13:26

Margaret, How does that work and what do you get for your money do you know? alison

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 1 Jul 2003 19:23

If you go to the links page on this site, scroll down to the bottom of the page, there is a link to Ancestry for the free trial. You need a credit or debit card. Just cancel it by e-mail, it will tell you how, before the 14 days are up and it is free. I got lots of info from the 1891 census, but not much else. I may use it again in the future, I think you can just pay for 3 months for about £30. Good Luck!