Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone need help with info NSW?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 24 Jun 2003 14:29

I would be happy to help anyone who may be looking for info in NSW or Sydney. Everyone has been very helpful to me (ex-pat!) and I'd be happy to help if needed. I'm still not having much luck with my research, but I'll keep on trying! Di, Sydney Australia

BrianW

BrianW Report 24 Jun 2003 15:53

Di I have a family tree which was prepared some years ago by someone in "Evatt, A.C.T., Australia." I am thinking of trying to contact them to exchange updates, but what part of Oz would that address refer to?

Sarah

Sarah Report 25 Jun 2003 23:45

Di It is great that you are willing to help us mortals 'over home'. I thought, however, you might be interested in my recent success story. My grandmother, who lived in Pymble, unfortunately committed suicide in 1927. I sent off to Sydney for her Death Certificate which arrived last month. To my delight as well as giving all the usual information it also gave 1. When and where buried and name of undertaker 2. Name of witnesses at burial and name of minister and religion 3. Where born and how long in Australia 4. Place of marriage, to whom and age at marriage 5.Children of the marriage and ages and whether still alive From this information I found that she was buried in the Church of England Cemetery in the Northern Suburbs. I therefore found on the internet that this cemetery is now called Macquarie Park and so I emailed them and they immediately emailed back with the location of the grave. I then emailed again asking if there was a headstone of any kind. Their groundsmen went and looked straightaway and emailed back the very next day. I couldn't believe that in the course of about three days I had found out all this information. People from NSW are so helpful. Hope you have some luck with your research. Sarah Norfolk, UK

Judith

Judith Report 26 Jun 2003 03:47

Brian, Evatt, ACT = Evatt, Australian Capital Territory Evatt is a suburb of Canberra.Canberra is the Capital of Australia. The Australian Capital Territory is not NSW although the territory is geographically in the state of NSW. judith truscott

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 21 Mar 2004 06:28

Di you were a very helpful person, and still are