Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

what site to look on.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 24 Jun 2003 10:47

I have traced my family back to 1819 that was the birthdate of John Dawson he was born at Heighington Lincoln he marriedSarah born 1819 also she was born at Rothwell Lincs, what I would like to know if any one can help is where do I find names and details of his father, is there a site that I can get on to, to find the family in the house at that time as well Thanks Sue............

Susan

Susan Report 25 Jun 2003 08:35

Hi sue, Try www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/archives you will find everything on the first page failing that if you can get to lincoln go to St rumbold street county archive. going there myself soon hope this helps. Sue

Sidami

Sidami Report 26 Jun 2003 09:52

Thankyou for all your help and that long email Deb explaining things for me.. Sue