Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Brighton & Beighton & Derby

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 23 Jun 2003 19:42

Further to Lynne's request earlier today, I have just received(this morning) copies of my Dad's birth Cert together with his parents Marriage Cert. (thanks again William). Armed with this latest info, I have been scouring the net for other relatives and have come up with a possible g/grandfather. So far, he appears to have been born in Derby, Brighton, age 37 (source 1901 census) I also have him born June 1864 in Chesterfield, Derby (source Freebmd) I then have him being christened in July 1964 in Killamarsh, Derby. Now I think I have the right guy, but how do I link up Brighton AKA Beighton, Chesterfield and Killamarsh. Anyone from Derby able to assist ?? Terry

Susan

Susan Report 23 Jun 2003 21:53

According to the Freebmd site, killamarsh was in the district of chesterfield which in turn was in the county of Derby...so it looks like they are all the same place. Sometimes births are registered in the district, not the town name. Hope this helps, Susan

Crista

Crista Report 24 Jun 2003 08:17

Terry, according to the freebmd site Beighton is in Rotherham. Try here: www(.)fhsc(.)org(.)uk/genuki/reg/dby and remove the brackets.

Terence

Terence Report 24 Jun 2003 09:48

Thanks for the replies. Crista - Lynne Coakley has found a Beighton in Derby on the IGI site. I assume there must be more than one. thanks again

Lynne

Lynne Report 24 Jun 2003 12:40

Terry I have replied to your mail with the details. Lynne