Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

start of delamere surname 960

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Frank

Frank Report 21 Jun 2003 19:20

any delameres wishing to find the origination of the name,starting 960, and various spellings please contact me.

Peter

Peter Report 21 Jun 2003 19:34

I knew a Delamere several years ago they came from the Channel Islands,mind you it is very French sounding. Pete(the flying badger) Cornwall.

Maxine

Maxine Report 21 Jun 2003 20:35

Woe Frank that's really impressive, I wouldn't know how to start getting records that far back! - any tips? regards Maxine

Frank

Frank Report 22 Jun 2003 19:59

peter brock, yes, a lot of delameres came from there also. thank you for your info. maxine worthington, maxine the information is from a book written in 1837. in fact, on google, one can go further back.