Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

family tree cd roms

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rus&

Rus& Report 16 Jun 2003 11:34

hi everyone,thanx to everybody that replied to my previous Q.I now have another query-has anybody tried and tested the HERITAGE FAMILY TREE MAKER CD ROM DELUXE EDITION (£49.95)any info would be appreciated.sorry if this Q has already been asked. thanx kaz

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 16 Jun 2003 21:54

Hi Kaz Look very carefully b4 u buy. A lot of these programs are based on USA data and contain very little relating to the UK. Badger Bill

Lynne

Lynne Report 16 Jun 2003 22:09

Kaz If you mean the one by Encore - Heritage Family Tree Deluxe - there is a review of Family Tree software in the latest issue of my computer magazine. It rates this one very highly - 'a super programe and well worth the money, only let down by the online resources being geared towards the US'. There is one called Family Historian that they say is 'a dream to use .... and has the ability to move data from other programs'. It's £45 from www.family-historian(dot)co(dot)uk and they give it their prized BUY-IT award. Hope this helps. Lynne Sale

Margaret

Margaret Report 16 Jun 2003 22:19

Hi Kaz My software is Generations 8 by Sierra. It doesn't have the USA bias that most others do Margaret

Rus&

Rus& Report 17 Jun 2003 10:08

Thanx for all the tips they are very appreciated.kaz

Alison

Alison Report 17 Jun 2003 20:29

I use familyhistorian 2.1 which is GEDCOM compatible and find it to be a fantastic data base program but not so good on the fancy printout designs. Alison