Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Amending entries

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 13 Jun 2003 15:19

Can anyone tell pleaes how to correct an entry where I have mispelt a name, and when I have more information to add. Maybe I'm being thick, but Ica't seem to find out how. Bill

Janet

Janet Report 13 Jun 2003 15:30

Click on the name and then on edit hope this helps Jan

Maxine

Maxine Report 13 Jun 2003 15:32

Hi Bill Probably the easiest way would be to click on the persons name from the tree. This will then bring up their immediate family details, with their name at the top. Underneath their name you get 3 options View tree Edit Delete Click on the Edit arrow, and all the original details should open up for you to amend. Just make sure you themn press Save at the botton before you leave the page. You can also get their through the names lists, and view details. Hope this helps Regards Maxine

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 13 Jun 2003 16:25

Hi Maxine and Janet Thank you both, very helpful Regards Bill