Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

my message on previous page has changed date

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 12 Jun 2003 19:41

Hi all Yesterday the 11th I posted a message about looking for a marriage, lots of replys nice and nasty i`m over it now. Anyway it has now gone to the next page and the date has changed back to the 11th even though today there was a lot of replys on the 12th, has anyone an explanation for this. Please Debbie

Barbara

Barbara Report 12 Jun 2003 20:08

Hi Debra, Yes I noticed how the date had changed,also,look at the time 11:43 or was it 11:47,anyway,there wasn't even any messages added at that time,perhaps it's a fault! I read the messages and yes it is very hard when you can't get out and about to check parish records etc,when you have young children.I find that I can't even go when they are at school as I am in a different part of the country from where I want to search and wouldn't make it back in time for when school ends! I see that alot of people want help with their searches and I am half tempted to ask if someone will do a look up for me,but then I think I would have to check for proof anyway for myself! Good luck in your search for your family tree,all the best and have fun,I am sure lots of people would like to help you. Barbara.

Beryl

Beryl Report 12 Jun 2003 20:19

Debby, Just got back from casualty having had my soapbox removed! No actually I've been watching tennis. About halfway down the board all the messages are in a jumble - llth and 12th and the times. Perhaps it's our ancestors having fun!! Regards, Beryl.

Debbie

Debbie Report 12 Jun 2003 20:30

Barbara Thanks for the reply. yes I have the same problem all my ancestors come from different parts of the country. It is hard but you are right in saying there are a lot of kind people willing to help. Beryl perhaps your right all of our ancestors are having a laugh, There have been a lot of unexplained things happening lately. you never know. Debbie

Barbara

Barbara Report 12 Jun 2003 20:36

Debra, I am in gloucestershire,so if you need any help there,I will try my best,as I have plenty of time on my hands!(9am-3pm)! Kind Regards, Barbara.

Debbie

Debbie Report 12 Jun 2003 20:41

Barbara Thanks for that I dont have much time as I have one at school, and the other playschool so I have 9.30 till 11.30. by the time iv`e done the usual tidying washing ironing you know the rest. my times up. I live in Hampshire so if you need anything I will give it a go. Debbie

Barbara

Barbara Report 13 Jun 2003 13:08

Thanks,Debra, I don't have any relatives in Hampshire YET! Good luck with your research. Barbara.