Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kellys Directory

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 10 Jun 2003 21:35

I've heard of this Kellys but can anyone tell me where you can get access to it??? also can I find out who was living at a house in Horton Street St.Philips Bristol in 1905 to about 1911 any help welcomed. Thanks Jill from Cardiff

Jennie

Jennie Report 10 Jun 2003 23:08

try your locaL LIBRARY for Kelly`s directory

Gary

Gary Report 11 Jun 2003 07:11

Jillian Kellys Directories were published by what is now a division of Reed Elsevier. I know, having worked for the company, that they have complete sets of all they published somewhere, probably in Sutton. Whether they would grant access I do not know. If anyone cannot access them from a library this may be a last resort. Suggest contacting the PR department in London. Regards Gary

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 11 Jun 2003 13:06

Thanks for the replys on this but our main library only has directorys for our own area.Looks like i'll have to go to Bristol. Jill from Cardiff.

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC)

Mike. The Leicester Lad.(GC) Report 11 Jun 2003 13:29

Jillian, If you go to Bristol Family History Society Web site www(.)bafhs (.) org (.) uk ( remove the brackets and spaces from above ) I'm sure you could leave a message with them asking for their help so saving you the journey to Bristol. Good luck. MIKE.

Alison

Alison Report 18 Jun 2003 20:21

Michael Great advice for online directories and a pretty easy search engine too. Thank you Alison, Harrow

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 18 Jun 2003 20:23

Thanks again for all the help you loverly people I will also try the historical directories, it seems this week is my lucky week as i have made a good few dicoverys.Thanks Jill from Cardiff.

Martin

Martin Report 18 Jun 2003 20:51

The entries for some villages and towns have also been transcribed. Have a check on GENUKI for that area. Martin

Ruth

Ruth Report 26 Jun 2003 12:31

My Dad has just purchased Kelly's directory for a certain areas on CD. If you are still lloking for the info, let me know and I will get the details and the cost from him and pass it on to you as to how to order it. Ruth

JillyWilly

JillyWilly Report 26 Jun 2003 14:23

Thanks for the relpys,it's funny i've just recieved my g mothers birth cert this morning and the very place I wanted to find was Horton st Bristol cause I thought my g.father lived there as a young boy,now I get this cert and it shows my g.mother also living at 8 Horton st. Ruth if you could try and get me details I would be very greatful as i've no way of looking it up.Many thanks all. Jill from Cardiff