Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Advice needed

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Terence

Terence Report 5 Jun 2003 09:21

Hopefully, someone can help me with the following: I have just received a copy of my parent's wedding cert. It gives the names of both their fathers. I have been concentrating on my father's father but have made no progress. The only details on the cert are his full name. The only other info I have is that my father was born in Co Durham in 1922, possibly in Springwell Village. Is it possible to progress any further with such little info. Any advice would be gratefully received. Terry - Gibraltar

Suzy

Suzy Report 5 Jun 2003 10:51

Terence If you go to the 1837online site and look up the record of your Father's birth, you can order a copy of his birth certificate. This will give you both his parents' names (hopefully!) You can then search the records for THEIR marriage certificate. etc, etc. Hope that helps. Suzanne Orpington Kent

Katie

Katie Report 5 Jun 2003 17:11

Try the 1881 census. www.familysearch.org (I think) If they were alive in England and Wales in 1881 then they *should* be on there. Good Luck. -Kate