Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thanks and a request.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2003 05:25

I'm newly addicted to genealogy and just wanted to say how much I enjoy the friendly bantering on the tips board, and also how very helpful it has been to someone as new to genealogy and as bewildered and confused by the internet as I was. Researching from Vancouver has been made that much easier by your tips. Thankyou to all of you experts. Also, like Daniel Hirst, I'd appreciate the addition of a 'next'& 'previous' message addition to the new system. Lastly, I want to say that at 72 I'm still climbing that hill, a little slower than before, but definitely not over it yet!!! Diana Osborne (ex-Brit) Vancouver.

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2003 08:44

Hi Diane I'm fairly new to this as well and l'm addicted.There is a lady in S.Wales of 104 who has recently started using the internet,she now emails her relations and thoroughly enjoys it,so your definately not over the hill.Good luck with your searching. Jude(S.Wales)

Andrea

Andrea Report 4 Jun 2003 11:33

Hi Diana, I am not as old as you, but I still find the internet baffling sometimes! Stick with it, it does get easier. However, I am probably having the same problems as you will have - I live in Austria but come from England. It makes the research that much more fun (NOT!!). I just hope your family are more helpful at providing details to get you started as it is pretty tough going without input from living relatives. I am determined to stick with it though and if I find any sites that may be of use to you (researching England from Abroad) I will be sure to let you know. I would appreciate it if you would do the same for me. Good luck! Andrea

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jun 2003 12:21

Hi If you go to search and type in: www.google.com you then ask for - family names abroad (or something simular) rootsweb is a good site.Good luck. Jude.

Beryl

Beryl Report 4 Jun 2003 15:50

Greetings Diana from my little corner of the U.K. We over 55s are apparently silver surfers and I'm sure there are lots using this site. Like you I am trying to grapple with the Internet but it is fun! Good luck with your research, Beryl, Co.Durham.