Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Jane Heaton

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 6 May 2003 12:03

I think that maybe one of the problems is that people see the site, think it's a great idea, record a few names and then lose interest for one reason or another. This is obviously frustrating for the ones who are seriously interested in tracing their ancestors. Perhaps there should be another board for serious genealogists - you get upgraded when you have recorded over 100 names in your tree, or have managed to trace back your ancestors over a specified period of time? Looking at the "trying to find board" it seems as though a lot of people looking for ancestors are relying on other people to help them out. I know that the point is that we all help each other, but, I think that there is no substitute for doing your own research. It's great if you do find a connection and I am still living in hope that someone will eventually contact me!