Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Monica Chiles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Monica

Monica Report 14 Apr 2003 22:44

Rosemary carpenter Have you tried to kill yiur relatives off? That is look up the deaths on freebmd or familysearch, that might explain where they go after 1881. Remember flu epidemics killed "healthy" relatives within days of each other. also there is a wheeze where you can find siblings on IGI--I have written in detail about it on past pages but it means going back thru the tips- I'll try to explain it again briefly but I cant keep on saying the same things to new visitors for ever! Key in the person you know definitely on the IGI click on their name and note down the batch no then go back a page and just key in their surname only and type in the batch no, this will give you a list of people christened in that church over a set period, click on each name that appears to see if they have the same parents. Voila you have a set of siblings.If you add the next consecutive no to the last batch no you sometimes get the years later, change the first letter and you get a different event at that church eg a wedding Good luck