Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

maryann

maryann Report 16 Aug 2007 16:54

Hi, Can one of you kind folks give me the web site of Freebmd please. Many thanks Mary

Kendo

Kendo Report 16 Aug 2007 16:56

Google it. Ken

maryann

maryann Report 16 Aug 2007 16:58

Hi, I'm not sure what you mean by google it, I'm new to this, sorry. Thanks Mary

Kendo

Kendo Report 16 Aug 2007 17:11

Google and (Y)ahoo are two of the main search engines for searching the web. When you first go onto the internet, you will see a search option. Use that to search for freebmd. There is a mountain of info out there that you can find by searching. Sometimes a search for a person will bring up a web-site that has him/her in a tree. Ken

Julie

Julie Report 16 Aug 2007 17:30

Hi Mary Here it is http://www.freebmd.org.uk

maryann

maryann Report 16 Aug 2007 17:58

Many thanks to Ken and Julie for their help. Mary

maryann

maryann Report 16 Aug 2007 18:00

Sorry I meant to ask, Ken do you mean I can put someones name in google and it will come up with information on maybe that person? Mary

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 16 Aug 2007 18:09

Yep thats right Mary. When you put in a word into the google ect search engine it will search for the word and show you a list of web pages that contain it. Most will be irrelevant though. If you search for a name and put it in ' marks it will search for that whole name or sentence cutting down on the miscellaneous stuff. I keep google as my home page as I use it quite a lot. Just some useless info. To set a page as your home page (the first page you see when you open your internet browser) go to the page you want to set it as and then go to the top of the browser click on 'tools' and then 'internet options' and click the ' use current' and that will set your homepage. Loz

maryann

maryann Report 16 Aug 2007 18:11

Hi Loz, thanks for that, what does marks mean, anything? Regards Mary

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 16 Aug 2007 18:16

It was supposed to be the speech marks Mary but it didn't show up very well, sorry :( Loz

maryann

maryann Report 16 Aug 2007 18:18

Hi Loz, Thanks so much, it makes sense now!!! Regards Mary