Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry 'Irish Fest' Free, 3 Day's ?.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 16 Aug 2007 09:42

Hi.I read recently that there was going to be a Free ,3 day look up on Ancestry,commencing 16th August 2007.Can anyone confirm this?.Regard's,T.

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 16 Aug 2007 09:59

Hi T go to this add http://forums(.)moneysavingexpert(.)com/showthread.html?t=524972 remove brackets and click on Martins link. It worked for me

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 16 Aug 2007 10:29

Hi,Marcelle.Just tried,don't seem to be anything on there for 3 day free access for Irish Fest.Regard's,T.

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 16 Aug 2007 10:39

Strange Ive just managed to get in and clicked on remove brackets Boo genes wont let me place the full address it the first link on the webpage Marcel mentioned. Strange thing though as I have full ancestry I dont usually manage to get the 3 day freebie page Have fun everyone Sue

ladybird1300

ladybird1300 Report 16 Aug 2007 11:42

I've just got in as well there are some Irish marriages, sadley nothing matched anything I have.

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 16 Aug 2007 13:02

Just managed to get in but now can't open any image as the improved viewer won't allow me to view! Was really looking forward to using these 3 days to the full. Ok, now have access. Already found a relative of my hubbies. Well worth the 3 day access! Di

Suein10b

Suein10b Report 16 Aug 2007 19:46

nudged as Im sure others will be interested Sue

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 16 Aug 2007 20:25

Hi.Finally got through but was denied access,due to already having U.K Ancestry subscription.There we are..Regard's,T.

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 16 Aug 2007 20:28

T Cardiff I don't understand as I like you have Ancestry UK but I have accessed Ancestry.Com with 3 day free trial today. Can't say I'm that impressed with the quality of the images though. Di

Cassidy

Cassidy Report 16 Aug 2007 20:37

Hi,Faith.They informed me that I already had used a 3 Day free pass, earlier in the year ,for the U.S.A record's..therefore not able to access again for another 3 day freebie.Regard's,T.

Gill

Gill Report 16 Aug 2007 21:10

I've just been on Ancestry 3 Day Free site and found my gt.gt.grandfather Charles Henry Crowe, his birth in Ireland and quite a bit more in the One World Trees. Can anyone tell me how reliable these trees are please? Gill

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 16 Aug 2007 21:21

Hi everyone, I have got 3 days on ancestry also got 14 days worldwide, as when I loged on a box came up offering the 14 days no credit card wanted. phyllis

Christine in Yorkshire

Christine in Yorkshire Report 16 Aug 2007 22:58

Thanks for this Jim's post worked for me but no extra 14 days though :( christine

Heather

Heather Report 17 Aug 2007 09:23

I had the three days (it went on for longer!) on the US ancestry earlier in the year. I went back to try my luck again this time. It recognised me said tuff, you had the trial before but I ignored that and still entered a search and the US info came up anyway! I do so love ancestry.

Paul

Paul Report 17 Aug 2007 11:10

Gill, The trees submitted to One World Tree are as reliable as trees submitted to any site including GR. Both contain their fair share of 'fantasy' trees, there are probably more on One World Tree as it contains very many more trees in total than GR. Paul