Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hot Matches - New Version.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Aug 2007 16:00

Why do all my Hot Matches have the box - allow this member to view your tree - already ticked? M. Steer

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Aug 2007 16:14

GR policy is to encourage you to share trees. Remember to untick it if you don't want to before sending your message.

Margaret

Margaret Report 15 Aug 2007 16:19

Thanks both, so the ticked box doesn't count until you've sent a message? M. Steer

Loz From Leices

Loz From Leices Report 15 Aug 2007 17:06

I think if you send a message to someone and the box is ticked that person will be able to see your tree but if it's unticked they won't. All your hot matches can't see your tree unless you have had contact at some point and have been given access. If you go to contacts and find you accidently gave access when you didn't want to, you can remove the access there. Hope you understand what I'm getting at /: Loz

Kendo

Kendo Report 15 Aug 2007 17:14

You could always choose the option not to receive hot matches. I did. Ken

Phyllis

Phyllis Report 15 Aug 2007 19:15

Hi, Have just checked my hot matches, on new version according to GR and they have taken away box with tick, I have had a few shall we say mishaps with tree being view with out permission. Looks like they keep changing just to keep us on our toes, and make people unhappy with the site. Phyllis

InspectorGreenPen

InspectorGreenPen Report 15 Aug 2007 19:30

Loz has summed it up to the letter. You have to make contact AND allow the person to view, and it matters not whether you use Hotmatches to make the contact or any other method. Phylis, to see the tick box in question click on the view button against the members name and look on the right hand side, under the message entry area. Ken, I didn't think you can turn off Hotmatches. You can just elect not to receive an email advice when they are updated. Unless I'm mistaken your Hotmatches will still be there.