Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help required with Birth record

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 15 Aug 2007 11:28

I am trying to trace the birth registration for Alfred Henry Karran born ( according to death certificate) 29/12/1921 Arbory Isle of Man. The Isle of Man archives have no record for the birth so I wonder if he was born on the mainland. On his marriage certificate his father is named as Thomas Henry Karran and the age 24 is correct with the date of birth as given on death certificate. My subscription to findmypast has expired and I can,t afford to renew just yet as my ancestry sub expired at the same time. Any help would be much appreciated. Kathy

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 15 Aug 2007 11:36

Nothing in OND 1921 or JFM 1922 Reg

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 15 Aug 2007 11:57

thanks for looking. Anyone got and idea where his birth registration could be. Perhaps he lied about his age. Could anyone search a little earlier or Later. He left the Isle of man early in the war to join up so perhaps he was younger than he said and just carried on with the lie. I found the census record for 1901 but without the birth certificate I have no way of checking if thats the correct family. thank you all Kathy

Joyce

Joyce Report 15 Aug 2007 13:59

HI Kathleen i have found a death record for Alfred Henry Karran b.29/12/1921 d. sept qtr 1984 aged 62 st.albans hertfodshire any help to you joyce

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 15 Aug 2007 14:51

Joyce Thats him. Have the death certificate which is where I got the date and place of birth from. Its the birth I can't find. He died so he must have been born. Kathy

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 15 Aug 2007 16:33

margaret Thanks for looking. The date is correct but the name is off. I wonder if he was registered under a different name at birth? I don't know the name of his mother christian or maiden name or when they may have married. I supose I could search Thomas Henry Karran and about the time he was born. I wonder if IOM is on the normal registration or only on the IOM itself. Does anyone know??? Kathy