Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ideas needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

tinkers

tinkers Report 14 Aug 2007 15:05

i went to order my grannies birth certificate but instead of going through the gro site i wrote to the register office where the birth was, ive have grannies death certificate and it shows me place and date of birth which is what i put in my letter to register office, ive just had a phone call from register office saying they cant find a birth but there r 2 one each side of the year given but non matches my gran so it looks like on the death certificate the registrar has been given the wrong details any ideas what i can do now ( there r loads of jones in wales lol

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 14 Aug 2007 15:11

The info on the death cert is only as accurate as the person giving the info knows it to be...........the person whose death it is could have been born in a different place, and a different year. Would she have been around at the time of any of the available censuses? Reg

Janice

Janice Report 14 Aug 2007 15:12

Have you got her marriage cert which would name her father? Janice

tinkers

tinkers Report 14 Aug 2007 15:17

thanks for ur replys on the death certificate it shows my uncle as the imformant but sadly he died many years ago but his wife is still alive so i might get in touch with her, hoping she might no something, yes i do have the marriage cert showing who her dad was and i putwho her dad was in my letter to the register office in wales but when the lady phoned from register office she said there r 2 matches for gran one each side of the year i gave but non matches who her dad was

tinkers

tinkers Report 14 Aug 2007 16:59

thanks Maid Marion . i have wrote the letter and posted it so i will have to wait and see if she replys back to me lol

Gary

Gary Report 14 Aug 2007 18:38

Hi Tinky Winky, how does the age on her marriage cert compare to her death certificate? Maybe the marriage cert might give you a clue to her real birth year. It's not always accurate but is generally more reliable than that on the death cert. Gary