Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1891 look-up please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Martin

Martin Report 14 Aug 2007 11:59

Can someone please do a look-up in the 1891 census for me? I'm trying to find my gr-Grandmother Hannah Waterhouse b c1873 before she married in Nov 1891 have just received her marriage cert and father is listed as Joseph Waterhouse Iron Worker, on the 1881 census i've found a Joseph Waterhouse living at 20 Albert road, Parkgate Rotherham, Born Bilston Stafford. c1835 however his daughter is listed as Fanny not Hannah although age does fit, when she got married in Nov 91 her address is given as 1 Victoria Road if this helps, Hope this is enough info for you however if more is needed just ask. Kind regards Martin Ryan

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Aug 2007 12:04

This is the only one born 1873 +/- 5 years with a father called Joseph:- Name: Hannah Waterhouse Age: 19 Estimated Birth Year: abt 1872 Relation: Daughter Father's Name: Joseph Mother's Name: Sarah Gender: Female Where born: Yorkshire, England Civil Parish: Rawmarsh Ecclesiastical parish: Parkgate Town: Rawmarsh County/Island: Yorkshire Country: England Street address: 1 Infirmary Road Occupation: Tailoress Condition as to marriage: single Education: Employment status: View Image Registration district: Rotherham Sub-registration district: Kimberworth ED, institution, or vessel: 24 Neighbors: View others on page Household Members: Name Age Hannah Waterhouse 19 James Waterhouse 25 - born Derbyshire Joseph Waterhouse 59 - born Staffordshire Joseph Waterhouse 30 - born Derbyshire Sarah Waterhouse 58 - born Staffordshire Stephen Waterhouse 12 - born Yorkshire Thomas Waterhouse 10 - born Yorkshire Source Citation: Class: RG12; Piece: 3851; Folio 156; Page 5 The address given of 1 Infirmary Road is the first address given after the end of Victoria Road on the census page. Joseph (the father) is a labourer. Kath. x

Martin

Martin Report 14 Aug 2007 12:11

That seems to fit the one that i found for the 1881 census as siblings are a good match. Thankyou very much Martin

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Aug 2007 12:12

The address on this one is 1 Infirmary Rd. but the previous family is 51 Victoria Rd. 1891 census 1 Infirmary Rd., Rawmarsh, Yorkshire Joseph Waterhouse, head, 59, labourer, born Staffordshire Sarah, wife, 58, born Staffordshire Joseph, son 30, puddler, born Derbyshire James, son, 25, coal miner, born Derbyshire Hannah, dau, 19, tailoress, born Yorkshire Stephen, son, 12, born Yorkshire Thomas, son, 10, born Yorkshire