Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Coroner's / Newspaper Reports

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Aug 2007 10:38

I'd like to try and find any information on my brother's death back in 1973. I'm not quite sure where to start and mum and dad aren't that forthcoming with information. I was only two at the time and I'd like to find out exactly what happened. Any ideas please? Kind regards Caroline

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 14 Aug 2007 10:50

The first thing to do is to get his death certificate if you know the date. If the death was due to some kind of accident then there was probably an inquest. You would be likely to find a report of the inquest in the local newspaper. Back copies of local newspapers would be on microfilm at the library nearest to where the death occurred. Kath. x

Caroline

Caroline Report 14 Aug 2007 11:05

Thanks Kath At least now I know where to start. I do know the date and also know that there was an accident and he was on a life-support that got switched off but that's all I know. Thanks again.