Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

address check?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Laura

Laura Report 14 Aug 2007 00:15

My ancestor was born in Ashcombe, Devon, but spent most of his life living in Manaton or Lustleigh. Wreyland Cottages in Lustleigh (although on the census it's down as being in Manaton) and Water Cottage in Manaton in 1901. His death certificate from 1921 shows him as dying at number 62 east street, wolborough, newton abbot. When I google this address though, I don't really find anything. Is there a site I can check? What sort of info could I find? Thanks PS _ also looking for info on the cottages - have been to both villages today but finding it hard to find info apart from what I have on the census!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Aug 2007 01:21

62 East Street is Newton Abbott Hospital. Makes sense. Rose

Laura

Laura Report 14 Aug 2007 01:32

ah - a hospital - that's what i was wondering, wonder who the informant was then, if that was given as his residence to. my ancestor was Frederick Pudner, died 1921. (b1837) Thanks :) Laura

Peter

Peter Report 14 Aug 2007 01:37

Laura, If, as you say, you have the death certificate then the informant's name should be on there. Peter

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Aug 2007 01:58

If you type this postcode into Multimap.*com you can see the location: TQ12 4PT Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Aug 2007 02:03

Water is a place just SE of Manaton. Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Aug 2007 02:46

http://www.manaton.org.uk/accommodation.htm Look for Water Cottages here. Rose