Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death cert from 1948

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 13 Aug 2007 13:09

Hi All Does anyone know what information I might find on a death certificate from 1948, if the person died in hospital would it give her home address and next of kin etc I have requested the certificate, but cant wait to know what I will find Ann

Sandra

Sandra Report 13 Aug 2007 13:57

Hello...I have a death cert of someone who died in hospital in 1962 and it does state her home address. The informant was her husband and it says the relationship to the deceased on the cert. I suppose it varies but you should get the information you are hoping for. Sandra. xxx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 13 Aug 2007 14:00

Her home address is likely to be in the occupation column as will the information about whether she was a spinster or a widow / wife of ( name) and his occupation. Next of kin will not be named as such but a relative may have registered the death and then the relationship should be shown. A hospital death could have a member of hospital staff as the informant...or even the Coroner. Gwyn

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 13 Aug 2007 14:01

Thanks so much I hope so, the lady was my great grandmother and she was ' sold' by her husband to another man for £50.00, so I a interested to see if there is any mention of his name Hard to imagine being 'sold' in 1948 Ann

Whisky Soda

Whisky Soda Report 13 Aug 2007 14:03

I have to log off now as my lunch hour has just finished