Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ron

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2007 21:44

are you about - see below

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2007 21:45

I am collecting for Clive Buckle - and at a loss what to do for him - it has been suggested that we get his tree printed, and your name was put forward can you please help or advise how to do this - many thanks XX.

Joy

Joy Report 12 Aug 2007 21:47

A very nice idea - but how would it be done?

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2007 21:48

I do not have a clue, but somebody suggested Ron would - is he about tonight.

Joy

Joy Report 12 Aug 2007 21:50

What I meant was how would anyone have all the knowledge of Clive's ancestral family? He and I were in contact about his one-village-study of Sweffling - last updated on Jul 21

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Aug 2007 21:51

I think you would need the help of someone on Genes who has access to Clive's tree, but if Clive was anything like most people he probably didn't have much of his tree on Genes. Kath. x

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2007 21:57

Was thinking of asking D.I.L. but got to tread slwoly XX.

Joy

Joy Report 12 Aug 2007 21:57

Not wishing to put a damper on such a kind idea, but have just had a look at Clive's own website about his family, and it could be a long project! Have you contacted the funeral director whose name I gave on another thread, to see if the family have specified donations for any cause?

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2007 22:03

It is all in hand - just trying to think of something special - any suggestions would be good.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 12 Aug 2007 22:04

Maid Marion, I think you are right. A donation to a charity of Clive's family's choice would seem a fitting thing to do. Kath. x

Gillian Jennifer

Gillian Jennifer Report 12 Aug 2007 22:06

Will play it by ear - have somebody who knows them helping - bless you and thank you for sugestions - wil keep you posted.XX.

Joy

Joy Report 12 Aug 2007 22:29

Or, if you wish, I can ask his daughter-in-law.