Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

the times online

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

~*kazza*~

~*kazza*~ Report 11 Aug 2007 08:48

Can anyone give me info how to read the times newspaper archives online. I know it can be done because I have info but I would love to read myself and I cant find it. kaz

~Manchester~

~Manchester~ Report 11 Aug 2007 09:48

The TImes can be accessed by Bedford library online. You have to register, but it only takes a couple of minutes.

maryjane-sue

maryjane-sue Report 11 Aug 2007 10:08

I know the Somerset libraries computers have access to the Times archives, not sure about the rest of the country. And if you are a member of the library, then you can access the archives on your own computer at home, using your library membership details. We can also get free access to Ancestry on the computers at the library.

~*kazza*~

~*kazza*~ Report 11 Aug 2007 23:08

Thanks peeps. I joined the libary and have found what I needed thanks so much. Kaz